LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[QUESTION] General Discussion Group for Academics

Hi All,

Returning to LabVIEW Forums after a long break and changing universities. The listing under Academic & University Groups has three (3) entries for Krakow, MMU, and Columbia.

Is there a general group for academics teaching and researching with LabVIEW in academia?

Sorry for consuming bandwidth if there is an obvious answer that I missed.

All my Best,

-Bill =]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(416 Views)

There are a smattering of Academic Types in the Forums (I know of several, besides the person on the other side of my mirror), but I'm not aware of anything more formal.  Are your interests in teaching LabVIEW, learning LabVIEW, sharing LabVIEW experiences and expertise, or what?  Sadly, about the time that NI Week shifted from August (when everyone has vacation) to May (when Academics can't "take off" because of end-of-year activities), the Academic presence at NI Week (and NI Connect) has been less apparent (no more "Academic Day", though there is still a reduced Conference fee).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(372 Views)

Honored by your reply, Sir Bob!

I've been teaching LabVIEW for 20+ years to undergraduate technical program managers (https://www.lasalle.edu/isbt/) and now at my new position at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore I am launching a graduate research laboratory for instrumentation and measurement (https://sites.google.com/umes.edu/sail-team). LabVIEW is the obvious choice for the development platform.

I did not have a graduate research lab at my previous university, so I was hoping to hang out with fellow academics and glean some life- and time-saving do's and don'ts on methods, equipment, and mentoring.

Would it be possible to request that a tiny corner of the discussion groups be established? 

Do we have a critical mass of academics lurking throughout the discussion groups?

-Bill =]

Message 3 of 3
(355 Views)