From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property node consists of missing or mis wired terminals

I am new to LabView and am porting a previously functioning LabView application (written in version 7.something) to 8.2. There are instances of a property node which it complains about. I understand the message, however, I do not know which wire it is complaining about. I have attached a bitmap image of the screen with the block, and the error message.

If I needed to delete this field, how would I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,350 Views)

You are missing the Reference output from the Open to the Property Node.

Message Edited by AndrewAlford on 03-13-2007 02:02 PM

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,330 Views)
You are also using a depreciated property. Check the help to see what to substitute (right-click...help).

(Also, maybe you need a VI reference instead of an Application reference?).

Can you attach the subVI for us? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,321 Views)

It would appear that in earlier versions of LabView, the VI instance of this ref node worked as wired ... i.e. it defaulted to the current vi.  When I tried to wire the application reference to the ref node, it caused the type to change which made all sorts of things illegal.

I ended up using a Vi reference to feed it and all was good.

As to the deprecated field, there was no suggestion as what to do.  Since it worked, I am going to ignore that issue for now.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,306 Views)