cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically set "Disconnect type definitions" via property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

is it possible to set the option "Disconnect Type Definitions" (found on Build Specification Property dialog, category Additional Exclusions) programmatically via a VI or property node? And also the other options on this page?

I need to change these values on about 50 packed library and doing this manually is very time consuming - especially as I need to see if this will improve anything at all (I have the issue that my compiled libs run properly if loaded by the program running in the development system, but failing during loading in the runtime engine). I found something to set the "debug" switch on the "Advances" category, but nothing so far for the flags named above.

Thanks a lot,

Sven

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,683 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdudeck

Try this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 2 of 8
(1,655 Views)

Thats a cool set of VIs, Paul. Thank you!

There is another way using the little documented Application Builder API (better documented than the tags i guess). Some examples can be found in vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_API\examples. I threw something together that changes all the PPL build specs in a project. It seems to work fine, but I won't give any guarantees 😉

Message 3 of 8
(1,596 Views)

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Unfortunately, I should have mentioned that I still work with LabVIEW 2016 - so I can't open any of your VIs. 😞

I looked through the VIs App Builder VIs (which at least VL2016) provides, but couldn't find one which changes the settings named above. Only things ti change directories and names and so on.

@cordm: could you just give me the name of the VI you used to access the "type def disconnect" stuff?

Thanks a lot,

Sven

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,565 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdudeck

Sorry, I should have thought of that. The attached version is for LV 2016.

You need "Set Exclusions.vi" to disconnect type defs.

Set PPL Exclusions.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,557 Views)

thank you very, very much 🙂

Have a nice day,

Sven

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,523 Views)

Here

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."