LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with auto-scale vertical charts when change time zones

I have built an application that utalizes Vertical Strip Charts.  Basiclly, XY Charts that are filled with 100 points of data each loop cycle.  To get the Time portion of it I use the Get Dat/Time in Seconds Function and then typecast it to a double.  I have built the application and installed in on several PC in my same time zone no problem, but when I send it to someone in the UK on GMT time the strip chart does not update correctly.  The scaling is off.  The interesting thing is the most recent time on the chart is correct and is updating correctly, but the time at the top of the graph is not correct.  Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreaciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,383 Views)
Can you post a copy of this application, or an example that would demonstrate this? If you change your timezone on your computer to UK's timezone and restart LabVIEW (which is necessary for the change to take affect in LV), do you see this behavior?
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,368 Views)
Also, could you tell me what version of LabVIEW you are using, and whether this is Windows or some other OS?
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)
The application was developed in LV8.  The problem was first noticed when I installed the appplication on a computer that was already set for GMT.  It does not seem to improve when I restart.  The intersting thing is that I noticed that it did work in some other timezones that the the one it is complited in.  I will try and post an example of the application on  Monday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,355 Views)