Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about multi-control based on the event-structure

Hi all:

I am a beginner for Labview programming, and now I meet a problem about multi-control based on the event-structure.

Here I attached my sample codes.

In that codes, when I press the "start" button, the random number is displayed. and when I press "Stop", system is stop and enter into "timeout" event.

Now what i want to do is to add another timer control here, which means, when the time of timer is reached the system can stop also, like "stop" button and the timer is reset.

Actually, I already tried several ways to implement it, but it doesn't work.

Does anybody has a good idea about it??

Thanks so lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,286 Views)

Hi hanwei,

you can implement your timer into the timeout event. I recommend to also see the Free LabVIEW Courses.

Mike

Message 2 of 6
(2,284 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

But I don't really understand what you mean, add the timer to timeout event?? just it??  It seems if I want to use timer to stop this number generating, I should add a "timer has elapsed" here.

sorry about it, could you give me a simple sample about it??

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,268 Views)

Hi hanwei,

see the attached example please.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 4 of 6
(2,245 Views)

Hi Mike:

I  really appreciate your help.

What I want to implement is to use "Time has elapsed" to stop the system,you know, like "stop" button,  but it doesn't work in your sample codes.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,225 Views)

Hi hanwei,

in this case, you only need to connect the wire which goes to the "time has eleapsed" control with the stop condition of the while loop.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 6 of 6
(2,223 Views)