From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-registering for a camera event before the camera is initialized

In my application, I am configuring a camera which can either be set to external trigger mode or to continuous acquisition. The settings changes to the camera should be happening in a message handler, but I have a helper loop with an event structure that I would like listening to the "Frame Done" status signal from the camera. It appears that if I attempt to register for events on an uninitialized IMAQdx session, it throws an error and I cannot change the event registration in the event structure when I want to enable the trigger mode.

If I just wait in the timeout case of the helper loop for a frame to be ready, and set the grab vi to unlimited timeout, I believe I end up locking the loop and when I need to exit, I no longer will be able to because it's waiting for that timeout. Can anybody think of a way that I'd be able to register this event structure for the event that I want? I am using DQMH so I will not be able to initialize the camera before registering for the events (without breaking a lot of conventions of the framework).

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(273 Views)