LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portability of a VI from a computer to another

Good evening,

I have the following problem. I have a VI on a computer 1 which was installed by an installer of Labview 2012 I guess. It is running perfectly. So it is like a software on this computer.

This VI, I want to execute it on another computer 2. This computer is 64 bits for Labview 2013 32 bits. The first function is to look fort the plug USB of my measuring device. Result : The VI is much more slower and it does not find the USB plug so the program aborts. I want to execute it by simple execution in a first time. On the computer 1, NI DAQ is 9.5.5. On computer 2 DAQ mx is 9.8 and my PXI service is also more advanced. 

Do you see a reason of this problem ? 

Best regards.

Gautier D.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,883 Views)

@gautierdufourcq wrote:

Good evening,

I have the following problem. I have a VI on a computer 1 which was installed by an installer of Labview 2012 I guess. It is running perfectly. So it is like a software on this computer.

This VI, I want to execute it on another computer 2. This computer is 64 bits for Labview 2013 32 bits. The first function is to look fort the plug USB of my measuring device. Result : The VI is much more slower and it does not find the USB plug so the program aborts. I want to execute it by simple execution in a first time. On the computer 1, NI DAQ is 9.5.5. On computer 2 DAQ mx is 9.8 and my PXI service is also more advanced. 

Do you see a reason of this problem ? 

Best regards.

Gautier D.

No, I don't quite understand your problem.

Which VI do you believe was installed by LabVIEW 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,871 Views)

The Vi runs on one computer. it does not run on another. Both computer seems to have the requirements.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,863 Views)

In general if you have the same LabView runtime and equal or newer NI-VISA installed on the computer that the executible was built with moving a compiled LabView program from one computer to another should work fine.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,862 Views)

Maybe it could be a problem of hardware ?

The acquisition is made on laptop with the NI USB 6501.

On the office computer, the driver has been installed when I pluged the USB of my measuring device. I took the VI that recognizes the USB port but it finds nothing.

I guess the NI USB 6501 is an acquisition card. But the office computer accepts the driver. Is it correct for the use ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,814 Views)
Why don't you explain what you mean by USB device on the other computer? Is it another 6501?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,801 Views)

On the first computer (laptop), the measuring device is linked with a USB plug.

On the other computer (office), I use the USB plug also. The USB NI 6501 was recognized but the VI that I posted did not work.

On the laptop, the NI DAQmx system is 9.5.5. Since I have 9.8, I removed 9.8 and I am installing 9.5.5. I hope it will help.

Can my office computer do the acquisition with the driver installed ? Normally yes isn't it ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,797 Views)

Hi gautierdufourcq,

Your VI works fine on my computer (LV2013 SP1 /  W7 64bit  / version 9.8 of DAQmx. I have the following behavior : if the NI 6501 is plugged there is no popup message and if it si not connected I do get the popup message.

Just to make sure I understand your problem : Is this VI the code that is not working on your computer2 (and working on your compteur1) ? When you execute it, you get an error because le VI does not detect the NI USB 6501, isn't it ? 

If your add  an indicator on the "type produit" output, are you able to see your 6501 in the list.

Here is what I get when do it :

Capture_forloop.PNGCapture_forloopfp.PNG

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,796 Views)

Dear Isabelle,

I thank you very much for your reply. You catched perfectly the problem. Unfortunately, I am reinstalling NI DAQmx. So I can not check now. But I will check as soon as it is installed.

On the office computer, I do not have the acquisition card dedicated to the NI USB 6501. Can I communicate with the measuring device (with DAQmx of course)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,790 Views)

"On the office computer, I do not have the acquisition card dedicated to the NI USB 6501. Can I communicate with the measuring device (with DAQmx of course)?"

I don't understand that sentence : the NI USB 6501 is the measuring device. Can you tell a lite bit more about the purpose of your application and how/ why you use NI 6501 ?

Here is some tests that you can perfom on computer 2 :

1 - in NI MAX check that the NI 6501 is in the list of the connected hardware

2 - perform an autotest of the NI 6501 (in MAX)

3 - make sure your device work properly using the test panel in MAX

4 - then check in your VI that the NI 6501 is the list of the available hardware (see my previous message)

Let me know how it goes !

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,784 Views)