From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there anyway to open a picture in labview without getting a white background square shape around it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,312 Views)

Hi recneps,

you should set transparency in your pictures. Using PNG may help too:

Beispiel_VI.png

Using a PNG with proper transparency settings…

(Setting the picture indicator (or atleast its background) transparent may help too!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,289 Views)

when i open the gauges that are in this link https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4819#comment-7956 

on labview they dont have a white background on them at all, but if i take an image from google it adds in a white background. I did what you said but i dont want ot to have to have a new picture box where the image opens inside. 

Can you check the link and download the file thats attached to see what i am talking about

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,279 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author recneps

Hi recneps,

as already said before: you have to use pictures with alpha channel data embedded to have transparency!

Use some (good) image processing software (suggestion: GIMP) to set transparency in your pictures. Use PNG format as it supports transparency data…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(2,238 Views)