cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Matching or Golden Template

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I posted a question earlier on what advice can be given for hardware that could be used to acquire a fingerprint. I got a very helpful answer. Now I'm still working on this fingerprint recognition project and have been looking around into the logic to be used on matching images. I came across both the "pattern matching" and "golden template" available features on NI Vision assistant and was hoping someone could point me on the right direction so that I could obtain more insight information on how either one of these features perform their matches.

Thank you,

OC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr OC

Hi OC,

Included with NI Vision is the 400+ page Vision Concepts Manual.  This explains in detail all of the functions available in NI Vision, including Pattern Matching and Golden Template Comparison.

This document can be found in <Program Files>\National Instruments\Vision\Documentation\Concepts_Manual.pdf

Chris Bolin
LabVIEW Partner Program, CLA
Message 2 of 5
(3,544 Views)

In my opinion, this situation is a good fit for a Golden Template, and this is basically a complex subtraction technique between your "golden" fingerprint, and the inspected print.

I think the best approach is to define exactly what you want from your program, and test both types of matching.

Chris Bolin
Message 3 of 5
(3,538 Views)

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the late response.  I wanted to thank you for sending me on the right path. I have started taking a look at the documentation and it is definitely helping my understanding of how they each work.

Thank you,

OC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,492 Views)
No problem, OC!
Chris Bolin
Message 5 of 5
(3,468 Views)