From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8106 RT installation with LV 8.2

Hi,

I just got the new PXI 8106 RT controllers and i tried installing all the software in MAX. Initially I had MAX 4.1 and the controller was not found. So I downloaded the new DMM 2.70 drivers since I am also using the PXI 4070 card. The new DMM software was installed and I got a new version of MAX (4.2). After a reboot, the new PXI controller was detected. Smiley Happy

However, when I tried installing all software in the PXI controller I get a dialog box where it says there are dependencies required.Smiley Mad

I tried reinstalling RT 8.2 and was hoping to find RT 7.1.1 support but no avail. I also tried DaqMX 8.3 but still no luck...Smiley Sad

How do get the controller setup?Smiley Surprised

Thanks,

Ashm01

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,900 Views)
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble setting up your new controller.  Hopefully some of my suggestions will help.  Have you tried installing the barebones of just LVRT 8.2 on the controller and if so what dependencies are you missing?  From there, we can tell if its a LabVIEW RT installation problem or a driver installation problem.

I hope this helps,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,835 Views)
Hello Ashm01,

I dealt with a similar issue earlier this week - when you got your new controller, did you make sure to install all of the CDs that came with it?  Many of our drivers were updated to support the 8106, so you really need to upgrade to the Feb 07 device drivers CD.  You also need to install the RT Target CD (formerly called the embedded software CD) and the PXI Platform Service CD. 

After installing all three of these CDs onto your host, you should easily get your 8106 up and running!

Good luck,

Janell R | applications engineer
Message 3 of 5
(3,824 Views)
 Hi Janell,

I did actually try the Feb 07 device driver and PXI platform services. However, they did not help. Smiley Sad
You are correct regarding the "RT Target CD". Considering, I was running out of new combinations of installing software to make it work. I tried the Target CD and after a reboot, it worked.Smiley Very Happy

It actually kinda felt redundant at the time because I could access other controllers through MAX but I guess, the 8106 RT did not have the required software.Smiley Surprised

I would like to request NI to start packaging all software into DVD's because one instance of an installation may require me to swap atleast 10-15 cd's. (LV,RT,FPGA, Toolkits and their dependencies) This is a major chore at times.

Thanks Again,
Ashm01
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,802 Views)
Hello Ashm01,

I'm glad we got this figured out.  Just so you know, the reason you had to install the RT target CD is because this controller was released after LabVIEW RT 8.20.  Normally, the files you need to see your controller in MAX are installed with LabVIEW RT, but when the controller is released after the software, you have to perform this extra step.

As far as the DVDs for installation, please make an official product suggestion here.  This is something that is very likely to happen as we already send our academic software packages on DVD instead of CD, but you can definitely speed the process along by showing the demand.

Good luck!

Janell R | applications engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,726 Views)