LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PV cell equation error in formula node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! I am currently building a PV system simulation in LabVIEW with maximum power point tracking, and I'm trying to make this VI work using the formula node but I can't run it due to an "array indexing problem". The VI is based on the LabVIEW's toolkit for IV characterization using the equation for the PV cell current. I added the XY graph to graph the current and voltage from the equation. I'm really new to LabVIEW, so any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I  have attached the VI I'm building.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SPECTRE

Hi spectre,

the formula not cannot calc with arrays the way LabVIEW does:

check.png

(Check for correct computation against given formula...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,789 Views)

Hi GerdW, thanks for your reply. I will check later if your suggestion works, since I don't have the time now. Also, I forgot to add that I intended to have the voltage V and current I to receive inputs from .lvm or spreadsheet files, I apologize for not saying earlier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,782 Views)

With regards to the "Out" indicator at the end of the block diagram, how do you make an indicator have an output?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,778 Views)

Hi spectre,

"Out" is just an indicator on top of a wire...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,776 Views)

Could anyone help in making PV model graphically.  Here I Mean, i don't have I(Current) and V(Voltage) at input but find the values of these at output. Actually this is the equation of PV model. So we have the input parameters like temp, irradiance etc and output parameters I & V. How to solve or simulate this nonlinear equation graphically to findout I?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,663 Views)

Hello,

There is a good article that explains PV I-V Characterization Theory and LabVIEW Analysis on our website which might help with your application.

Also this forum has been marked as Solved almost a year ago, so you might get better feedback by starting a new discussion relevant to your question.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,641 Views)

HI,

Thanks for your response. Yes i found it too. but it takes current and voltage as input to find out the parameters of PV cell model.

ok i will try with new dicussion.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,630 Views)