cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6528 question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Guys:

I have almost zero experience with Digital I/O - is it possible to do pulse width modulation with a PCI-6528?

Sorry it's dumb question, but like I said, I have about zero experience doing Digital I/O.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,577 Views)

It doesn't need to be precise timing, do you think maybe I can do a brute force software-timed solution?  I was hoping for a more elegant solution?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,572 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

@billko wrote:

It doesn't need to be precise timing, do you think maybe I can do a brute force software-timed solution?  I was hoping for a more elegant solution?

I've done it using counters... with DO its possible, consider using 'regeneration mode' and 'dynamically updating user buffer data' should be selected.

For analog output, 'dynamically updating user buffer data' is explained here. For 'regeneration mode' refer this. See if you can club these together.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 3 of 5
(2,548 Views)

@moderator1983 wrote:

@billko wrote:

I've done it using counters... with DO its possible, consider using 'regeneration mode' and 'dynamically updating user buffer data' should be selected.

For analog output, 'dynamically updating user buffer data' is explained here. For 'regeneration mode' refer this. See if you can club these together.

I will check these links that you have so thoughtfully provided.  Thanks for being so patient!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,533 Views)

I'm thinking this is gonna do it for me!!!

Thanks, mod - with kudos and a solution!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,530 Views)