From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Server PLC

Hallo,

I am doing right now the tutorial from NI " Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC Using OPC". And the first capital was everything richt, "View Existing PLC Tags with NI OPC Servers 2012".

But in the second capital "Connect LabVIEW to OPC Tags by Creating an I/O Server" I can't get the picture as the 4. step "Select OPC Client in the Create New I/O Server Window and click Continue. ".

image9046410248461551637.jpg 

The problem is, there is no option for "National Instruments.NIOPCServers.V5" to choose by me. How can I get the pic as the tutorial?? Why I can't get the "configure OPC Client I/O setup" menu??

OPC_Server_LabVIEW Help_2014-01-17_16-08-47.png

My system:

LV 2012,  Win7, 

Does somebody know the problem?? 

Thanks a lot!

Cabio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,765 Views)

HELP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,697 Views)

NO one knows about it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,676 Views)

Do you see the OPC Server in the distributed system manager?

Is your NI OPC Server running? There should be an icon in the tray, where you can configure it.

Best regards

Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,665 Views)

There is no OPC Server in mein DSMSmiley Indifferent 

But Why?????

NI_DSM.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,662 Views)

Basically that means, your OPC server is either not installed or not running. Please open the OPC Server Configuration Tool. In your taskbar there should be a symbol OPC UA Server. Right click on it and choose start runtime service.You can also use that tool to configure endpoints trusted clients etc.

Also note the OPC Quick client, which basically is the same as the DSM. In here you should also be able to add the NI OPC Server.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,633 Views)

But I think my OPC Server is running, the tool OPC Quick Client can connect to server "National Instruments.NIOPCServers.V5", it is also showed in the Pic.

And I have fund a VI "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\variable\tagger\opcClient\GetOPCServerList.vi", this VI can find the "National Instruments.NIOPCServers.V5". But NI-DSM cant find it.

I am confused~~~Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,626 Views)

Ok, which way are you connecting to LabVIEW? Are you using ni "datalogging and supervisory control" Modul, or are you using datasocket? You only can connect serverIO via DSC Modul. I just removed it on my pc, and got the same feature as you have.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,601 Views)

Yeah, Datalogging and Supervisory Control module should be installed if you want to use it as IO server.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,590 Views)

MAX_DSC_2014-01-21_16-21-42.jpg

I have installed the DSC module in my Computer, but never used.

So I will reinstall this module, and hope, it works.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,566 Views)