From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install and configure Newport 1918-R device in Win 10

I am trying to install and configure USB device of Newport. Device model is: NEWPORT power meter 1918-R. 
On internet many people have used this device before with LabVIEW 2014. But I am not able to install and configure it. Since my institute has only 2014 licensed version, so I cannot use the new one. 
I am using Windows 10 OS. I tried NI VISA 15.0 and 17.0 versions. I tried running it as administrator, still it keeps giving error. I am attaching the screenshot. Kindly let me know what to do. Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,570 Views)

As that's not a NI product, it'd help to post links to where it exists.  Odds are it comes with some drivers that you need to install.  Then, the LV code you're looking to use will work with those drivers.

VISA is going to be a serial driver to have serial communications.  This may work (I honestly didn't hunt down the card you're worried about) but only if the device communicates via serial.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,536 Views)