cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Alarms Showing after i changed PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello !

after i changed my PC from windows 7 to 10, all project work same except alarms not showing and not logging.

please tell me why is this problem

Thanks,

asif iqbal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,590 Views)

"After I put gas in my car, it stopped running.  Can you tell me what the problem is with it?"

Message 2 of 14
(2,571 Views)

What RavensFan is saying ...

We need a lot more information before we can help you out at all.  What project?  What do you mean by "Alarms".  What do you mean when you say they aren't working?  What have you tried so far to troubleshoot?

Message 3 of 14
(2,549 Views)

And can you attach a simple example (or even the entire "not-working" Project) so we can see this anomalous behavior and try to understand what you mean?  Having actual code to examine and try out is really helpful for understanding the nature of the problem and devising (where possible) a "fix".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,521 Views)

Can you give a more detailed explanation of the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,513 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

"After I put gas in my car, it stopped running.  Can you tell me what the problem is with it?"

Actually that's a pretty straightforward problem with relatively few branches on the troubleshooting tree compared to the issue presented to us by the OP.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,507 Views)

Usually putting gas in the car helps it start running again far more often than causing it to stop running!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,496 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Usually putting gas in the car helps it start running again far more often than causing it to stop running!

Really? 😄

Message 8 of 14
(2,480 Views)

Twice, I had run out of gas and putting gas in allowed it to start again.  (Bad fuel gauge I hadn't gotten around to replacing until the second one.)

I've never had a car that was running, stop because I put gas into it.  Luckily I haven't been to a station that had screwed up their tanks.

But really, I wasn't intending to get into debates how cars stop running.  Just trying to put in a basic comment to reflect how stupid a question is that provides zero information.  I would have thought the OP would know how to ask a better question after 134 posts on this forum.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,473 Views)

@Asif138 wrote:

after i changed my PC from windows 7 to 10, all project work same except alarms not showing and not logging.

please tell me why is this problem

So you had a perfectly running application under windows 7, then you upgraded that same PC to windows 10 and things no longer work as before. Is this correct?

What are "alarms"? Are these just front panel objects or some hardware connected to DO, AO, etc. (buzzer, siren, fog horn, etc.)

Possible reasons:

• Your software and drivers are old and not supported under windows 10. I assume this is a LabVIEW application, since you posted in the LabVIEW forum. What is the LabVIEW version? (Windows 10 only supports LabVIEW 2015 and higher) What drivers does it use? Have you tried to reinstall or repair the installation? Did the windows upgrade leave any logs?
  • You are using reserved locations of the files system. Does it work better if you right-click your app and "Run as administrator"? For example, whats the path of the log file?
  • I assume your application does proper error handling. Does it tell you anything?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,470 Views)