LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Stream not connecting to Remote End-point

Hi,

I am using LabVIEW simple network stream example from the example find to send data across 2 PCs, the example works when both the Target and Host endpoints are used with localhost, whereas the connection is not established when trying to communicate with the remote system.

When i ping the IP I am getting a valid connection.

What could possible be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(479 Views)

A firewall?

I'd disable it, try it, enable it. If it worked, find out which ports you need to allow (TCP port 2343 by default).

You'd need to handle this on both endpoints (at the same time).

(Recommended Firewall Settings When Using Network Streams - NI)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(465 Views)

I have another question. If my Host and Target VIs are in different Labview versions, say host VI is in Labview 2023 and Target VI is in Labview 2017. Will it cause an issue with the network stream or should the network stream work fine?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(417 Views)

My "guess" (I've never tried this!) is that if it works, you "got lucky", and the larger the "version gap", the less likely for success you would have.  I'm sure that NI would like to keep the Network Streams protocol "fixed" and consistent over LabVIEW Versions, but occasionally a new feature might be added or an old feature (a.k.a. "bug") removed.  Sticking to the same version of LabVIEW for multiple processors is something I just assumed was prudent, possibly even "required".

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I think you had another post regarding this topic that I just answered, as well ...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(390 Views)