LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neatly displaying strings in block diagram

Hello

So i have a string about 3 pages long, full of SQL commands. As you would imagine, this looks like **bleep** on the block diagram.

Is there any way to better display this without it taking up ungodly amount of space? I'd still like to easily view the whole string at a glance, without much scrolling or resizing the string box.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(384 Views)

You could use a Case structure, wired to a number constant, then you  split in pages and past in different cases.

LVNinja_0-1703082701039.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(379 Views)

Something like this?  Smaller font, enable wrapping, vert scrollbar enable.  There will be some scrolling, but this string constant contains about 1650 words.

playerm1_0-1703086002817.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(356 Views)

Why you want to keep this in block diagram?

Create a document and link to your project files if its for documentation purpose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(353 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Hello

So i have a string about 3 pages long, full of SQL commands. As you would imagine, this looks like **bleep** on the block diagram.

Is there any way to better display this without it taking up ungodly amount of space? I'd still like to easily view the whole string at a glance, without much scrolling or resizing the string box.

What is the purpose of this 3-page long string? Based on the use of this string, it must be appropriately placed/structured.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(338 Views)