From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXT device can not be found.

hi guys,

This has been frustrating, labview keeps on saying that my device is not found even when it's connected via usb and is on. I've tried using bluetooth as well but when every time i press scan, labview will scan for a sec and stops. Even though windows has said it's connected. It maybe to do with the driver since I don't hear the USB tune whenever i turn on/plug the device, but I've been downloading what ever that could be downloaded from NI or Lego.

I don't know what's wrong and it's getting massively frustrating that i have to show my project supervisor this fridays something. 

i'm using Labview 2013 and i have the NI LabVIEW 2013 MINDSTORM NXT Module.

thanks

btw the picture below is a test VI i made... nothing fancy 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,455 Views)

Hi there, 

Are you able to see your NXT device in NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? If it is not detected by MAX you will not be able to use it in Labview. You will need to ensure you have the correct module and driver corresponding to your device. 

Are you able to detect the NXT device in your computers Device Manager?

What version of LabVIEW are you running?

Thanks, 

Tim, CLD, CTD
National Instruments (UK & Ireland)
(2,406 Views)

Hi tim,

I have resolved it with a new usb cable. 

thanks a lot though

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,399 Views)