Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

@billko wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

You could also kudo my suggestion to lock old threads to prevent long solves threads being brought back from the dead...

Did you mean that you don't think it's a good thing to add to a post that's already been solved?  I'm with you 100% on that.

I disagree.   Marked as solved is not the same as *truly* solved.  And solved does not necessarily mean "solved well" or "solved best".   And solved does not always mean "solved for all time".

I've expressed more detailed thoughts (as have several others) in the linked thread.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(525 Views)

@Kevin_Price wrote:

@billko wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

You could also kudo my suggestion to lock old threads to prevent long solves threads being brought back from the dead...

Did you mean that you don't think it's a good thing to add to a post that's already been solved?  I'm with you 100% on that.

I disagree.   Marked as solved is not the same as *truly* solved.  And solved does not necessarily mean "solved well" or "solved best".   And solved does not always mean "solved for all time".

I've expressed more detailed thoughts (as have several others) in the linked thread.

-Kevin P

I should've been more specific.  There are plenty of good reasons to add onto a topic that's already been marked as "solved", but a "me, too" post isn't one of them.  I think a new topic should be created with a link to the relevant topic, to avoid confusion.  How can you tell if the new question was solved?  I've found that most "me, too" posts aren't really "me, too" at all, and require a totally different answer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(509 Views)

Hi everyone,

When the NI-VISA provides support for macOS Monterey M2 device ? Who know this schedule ?

Bevis

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(468 Views)