LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX not showing anything under the software category

Solved!
Go to solution

(I'm not sure if this is the best board to post this question / problem but I couldn't find a NI MAX-specific board.  If there's a better place for my question, please let me know and I'll move there.)

On one of my four systems, when I start NI MAX and expand the "Software" category, absolutely nothing shows up.  I don't have LabVIEW installed on this particular system (so I'm not surprised that doesn't show up) but I do have NI-488.2 and NI-VISA installed.  I thought at least those two would appear.

When I run NI MAX on my other three systems, expanding the "Software" category shows a lengthy list of software (see below), so I don't understand why absolutely nothing shows up in the "Software" category on my fourth system.

I'm running NI MAX 15.3.0f0 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

A typical "Software" category from one of my other systems:

Test Stand 2 NI MAX 'Software' category output.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,532 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bpownall

Its possible that you have a corrupt MAX database. 

(Actually its almost a certainty)

CLOSE Everything and reboot

Open MAX (Do not do anything else first)

From the Tools menu select "Reset Configuration Data"

Reboot when told to do so and not before  (Have a pot of coffee handy and something else to do to keep you busy- don't go mucking around your computer- it is busy)

Remember next time that "It is highly recommended that all other programs are closed"... when you run an installer.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(3,525 Views)

Thanks!  That solved my problem, plus it solved something that had been puzzling me for some time about the listing under the "Devices and Interfaces" section.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,485 Views)