LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Input and Output modules detected in Distributed systems Manager but not in NI- MAX

Hi all,

I have an issue regarding communication between modules in C-RIO 9068 and NI- Max.

I am trying to figure out why the following modules aren't shown in NI- MAX but they are visible in Distributed Systems Manager

I/O Modules List:

• NI-9203
  • NI 9425
  • NI 9265

I have attached the screenshot. Hope someone would help me out!

kingslykishorej_0-1646304771591.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(751 Views)

Hi king,

@kingslykishorej wrote:

I am trying to figure out why the following modules aren't shown in NI- MAX but they are visible in Distributed Systems Manager

MAX will not show any modules in cRIO targets, you find them when you create your (LabVIEW) project with including the cRIO target.

DSM might show those modules as it shows shared variables. The ScanEngine on the cRIO provides IO channels as SharedVariables…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(722 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your reply... Can you elaborate me how to read real-time data from the Input-Output module connected in C-RIO 9068 using LabVIEW

Regards,

Kingsly

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(705 Views)

Hi Kingsly,

@kingslykishorej wrote:

Can you elaborate me how to read real-time data from the Input-Output module connected in C-RIO 9068 using LabVIEW

Select the "New..." entry in the file menu. Then select one of those example projects provided by NI for realtime projects.

They explain how to read/write data in a cRIO target to its IO modules!

(There are also a lot of example VIs in the example finder for those modules.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(694 Views)