LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Automotive Diagnostics Command Set

Greetings,

I'm starting to use NI Automotive Diagnostics Command Set to create my own custom diagnostic app.

But when i ran Diagnostic Demo ECU.vi i had this error message:

NI Automotive Diagnostics Command Set:
A DLL required for communication with the ECU could not be loaded. Probably this library is not installed.

What is the required DLL to run the VI correctly ? And where can i find it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,259 Views)

I'm assuming this would be the DLL that is the API for the specific ECU you're talking to. This would come from the ECU manufacturer (I'm assuming).

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,244 Views)

I digress, it's most likely this DLL:

Capture.PNG

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,241 Views)

Thanks for your help

Where exactly does the DLL imply ? and how can i find it ?

i'm new to this diagnostic thing so if there any examples that could help i would be thankful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,208 Views)

Do you have the NI-CAN driver installed? You can find out by going to NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and look under Software for NI-CAN.. this will be your base driver to communicate with the ECU. 

Without knowing exactly what DLL it's looking for it's hard to imply what it is. Can you screenshot that error you get in "Explain Error" so we can get more info. I imagine if you installed NI Automotive Command Set it would have installed the CAN Driver and needed DLLs.. 

Does an error pop up when opening any example Diagnostic VIs that ask you to search for a particular DLL? 

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,199 Views)

NI CAN Driver is not installed 😕 though i thought it was

If i may ask another question

Can i build an app based on this module that can communicate with ANY car's ECU ? meaning doing diagnosis on any model

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,195 Views)

Install that NI-CAN driver, that may fix your problem.. and to answer your question, I honestly have no idea, I'm not that well versed in ECUs and how to communicate with them other than CAN interface, but I'm unsure if it is completely transportable from model to model, I highly doubt it.

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,192 Views)