From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET constructor crashes labview

I want to access a .NET assembly in LabView. However, as soon as I drop a Constructor Node, LabView stops responding. If I look at the task manager, it shows LabView using up most of the processor.

I am running LabView 7.1 on Windows XP SP2 with .NET Frameworks v1.1 and v2.0 beta on it.

The same thing happens if I trying opening up the Calculator example.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)
I’m afraid this post is not a solution to you problem Jason, but only an indication that you are not the only one with this problem… we are two.

I seem to have the same problem. Whenever I drop a .NET Constructor, Property or Invoke node, or when I access Labviews .NET assembly references, Labview crashes and the system catches an Unhandled win32 Exception in Labview.exe.

Reinstalling Labview 7.1 and 7.1.1 didn’t help; likewise didn’t it help to reinstall the Microsoft .NET framework.

Before I reinstalled and upgraded the .NET framework it didn’t catch the exception it just froze.

My system is more or less similar to Jason’s running Labview 7.1.1 on Win XP home SP2 now running with .NET framework 2.0b.

/*
Karsten – Denmark
*/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,703 Views)
No .NET crashed with LV7.1 under Win2000 with .NET Framework1.1, perchance it could be XP specific?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,690 Views)
It looks to me like its a .NET v2 beta which is very annoying.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,685 Views)