ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application process gets suspended in Windows10

I have an application built in Labview that I recently updated to Labview 2018 64 bits. With that, I hope to give the application access to more memory.

I ran the application on a new Windows10 machine and noticed that the application is sluggish, frequently showing the busy cursor. I opened the task manager and found out that the application process is being suspended every few seconds or so. Simultaneously, a process by the same name appears, also suspended. A few seconds later the process reverts to running status and the copy process disappears. The whole event coincides with the busy cursor in my application.

Any suggestions what I can do about this?

Application suspended.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,972 Views)

Are you sure you have all the necessary stuff to run your executable on the new computer?  Try building an installer and installing it to the new computer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,947 Views)

Good point. I have created the installer (even though I have a development environment on the machine) and installed the application. The issue remains unfortunately 😞

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,931 Views)

You've made two changes, according to your original Post:  you changed from LabVIEW (some version) 32-bit to LabVIEW 2018 64-bit, and you changed to a new Windows 10 PC.

1. Did it run OK on the original configuration?  Can you confirm the LabVIEW Version, the "bittedness", and the OS?
  2. Did it run OK on the original PC/OS when you compiled/ran it using LabVIEW 2018 64-bit?
  3. Have you tried running "however it worked previously" on the new Windows 10 PC?
  4. Does your program require any special hardware (like a DAQ device or a Camera)?
  5. Does the problem happen if you run "in Development Mode" (as opposed to running an Executable)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,914 Views)

These are the tests I performed so far:

• I installed the same 64 bit executable on my home Win10 machine - same behaviour 😞
  • I installed a 32 bit version of my application on my new Win10 machine. This version is only marginally older. Problem gone!
  • I can run the 64 bit executable fine on my Win7 development machine
  • The application does not interface with any hardware
  • I am currently porting the development environment to the new machine. Hopefully that will shed some light on this
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,900 Views)

I spend a major part of my day getting my code unbroken inside the Labview 2018-64 development environment on the new Win10 machine. Unfortunately I did not succeed. There is one hurdle left that may actually be related to the issue at hand:

My application uses the LVS-tools Encryption Compendium. The toolkit (version 2.2) is installed with VIPM. Installation works fine for LV2018-32. In LV2018-64 it hangs while compiling the VIs. It is actually Labview that stops responding, making it impossible for VIPM to complete the installation.

Interestingly enough, while installing, LV2018-64 first exposes similar behaviour as my application before it hangs: periodically lapsing into suspended state!

labview stops responding while VIPM is compilinglabview stops responding while VIPM is compiling

I have tried this while logged in as local admin and with the virus scanner disabled.

UPDATE: The older version 2.1.0.13 also failed to install, although it hung a bit later in the installation process.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,888 Views)

I have just tested another LV2018-64 built application on my Win10 machine. It runs fine. Another hint to suspect a library rather than Labview itself

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,873 Views)

I'm sure you know, but

For technical support with this software or purchasing information, contact LVS-Tools at: 
Email: support@lvs-tools.co.uk 
Web: lvs-tools.co.uk 

I didn't see anything on their site about 32-bit vs 64-bit LabVIEW ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,866 Views)

Is there a LV 2018 64-bit install option in the VIPM install for this library?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,861 Views)

I am in touch with LVS-tools. I have a license for the toolkit.

The toolkit was tested for Win10 and LV2018-64, according to LVS.

I have now reproduced everything on my personal Win10 machine as well. I am now positive that the Encryption Compendium causes the behaviour. Both in Labview 2018-64 development environment as well as my built application.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,859 Views)