LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Setup to Zoom (In/Out) and to Scroll Sideways (LabVIEW)

Hello,

I have been struggling with LabVIEW not having zoom in and zoom out options and/or not being able to scroll sideways. Finally I am confident that I made a setup that most of the people already using this software can benefit from. The only thing that you need is amouse that have atleast two buttons on its side. I am using a Logitech M510 mouse that has 2 side buttons. You need to download the required program (Logitech Options in my case) and change couple of mouse clicks:

Side button 1: "Windows logo key" + "+" (This is the windows magnifier, everytime you hit the button it will zoom in even more)

Side button 2: "Windows logo key" + "-" (This is the zoom out option of the windows magnifier)

Scroll Wheel: "Scroll Up/Down" (This should be the default option but if you have changed for some reason, I am writing it just to give you a heads up)

Scroll Wheel Left to Right Sideway Push: "Scroll to the right"

Scroll Wheel Right to Left Sideway Push:  "Scroll to the left"

If you set it up like above you can zoom in/our and scroll left/right/up/down using only your mouse making the process of using LabVIEW a lot easier. 

Cheers,

Diural

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,020 Views)

@Diural wrote:

Hello,

I have been struggling with LabVIEW not having zoom in and zoom out options and/or not being able to scroll sideways. Finally I am confident that I made a setup that most of the people already using this software can benefit from. The only thing that you need is amouse that have atleast two buttons on its side. I am using a Logitech M510 mouse that has 2 side buttons. You need to download the required program (Logitech Options in my case) and change couple of mouse clicks:

Side button 1: "Windows logo key" + "+" (This is the windows magnifier, everytime you hit the button it will zoom in even more)

Side button 2: "Windows logo key" + "-" (This is the zoom out option of the windows magnifier)

Scroll Wheel: "Scroll Up/Down" (This should be the default option but if you have changed for some reason, I am writing it just to give you a heads up)

Scroll Wheel Left to Right Sideway Push: "Scroll to the right"

Scroll Wheel Right to Left Sideway Push:  "Scroll to the left"

If you set it up like above you can zoom in/our and scroll left/right/up/down using only your mouse making the process of using LabVIEW a lot easier. 

Cheers,

Diural

If you are using LabVIEW best practices, you should never need to zoom in and out, and only use scrolling occasionally!  Ideally, you should be making subVIs out of related code, and these subVIs really shouldn't be doing more than one task!

In text coding, you don't mash everything into main().  Main() mostly consists of just a bunch of called functions, right?  (I hope???) so your main VI should consist of mostly subVIs.

So this is solving a problem that shouldn't exist.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(971 Views)

Hello Billko,

I really don't understand why you spend time to write something completly unconstructive. I was just trying to help folks that might have difficulty seing due to different reasons, or just wants to zoom in and out. 

Knowing that even NI shared a post stating different ways of zooming in/out (which means its a common request), I dont see the point in NOT trying to help people deal with it.

You could check the post for your own: Can I Zoom In or Out in the LabVIEW Block Diagram? - NI

Cheers,

Diural

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(944 Views)

@Diural wrote:

Hello Billko,

I really don't understand why you spend time to write something completly unconstructive. I was just trying to help folks that might have difficulty seing due to different reasons, or just wants to zoom in and out. 

Knowing that even NI shared a post stating different ways of zooming in/out (which means its a common request), I dont see the point in NOT trying to help people deal with it.

You could check the post for your own: Can I Zoom In or Out in the LabVIEW Block Diagram? - NI

Cheers,

Diural

I stand corrected on that usage.  Feel free to bash me some more.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(935 Views)

Hello again Bill,

No bashing friend. Seeing that you have a lot more experience using LabVIEW than me I would appreciate that you could comment on my future posts if I am stuck somewhere.

Take care,

Diural

Message 5 of 5
(894 Views)