LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Event Structures - LV8.0

So why does this program hang?  I know that it is best to use one event structre but why?  It seems for a simple application that this should work.

Matt
Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,599 Views)
In your bottom loop you wired the one button dialog to the stop.
Brian
Message 2 of 5
(2,588 Views)
I'm not sure I understand the single star rating here either...

Similar to this thread, it seems like it was a suggestion as to why the vi is hanging up.

Again, my two cents.

Mike, I looked at your vi, and also wondered why that was wired to the stop, but am not sure if that would cause the hangup.  I'm sure however, that there are many more qualifed people than myself that woudl have a better chance of answering your question.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,575 Views)

Looks like the autorouter go t me.  I didn't wire it to stop but must of got too close.  Seems to work now as intended.

Thanks

Message Edited by mfitzsimons on 07-24-2006 03:53 PM

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,564 Views)

That certainly explains the hanging you saw. Remember that Event Structures by default will lock the front panel until the event case for a given event occurs. So in your VI, if you press Button 2 once, then you terminate the bottom loop. But the event structure is STILL registered for the Button 2 event. So when you press Button 2 again, the front panel gets locked, because the bottom event structure will never get to execute again (its loop has been terminated).

You could have fixed this (I realize it all boiled down to a mis-wired connection) by unchecking the check box in the Edit Events dialog for your Button 2 Value Change event case that says "Lock Front panel until...".

Hope this explains this, even though you've solved it!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(2,551 Views)