Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Packed Project Libraries and updating existing links

I've started moving all of my main libraries over to PPLs, but I'm experiencing problems relinking files in other projects.

LabVIEW seems to be linking to the original source VIs for some of the VIs in the project which haven't yet been updated to the PPLs while also having links to the PPLs for previously updated VIs. When I open the project, it can't seem to find the original source VIs even through they haven't moved and the path is correct - example below:

explorer_T5yiee7wZm.png

As you can see the path is exactly the same! Manually browsing and selecting it fixes it, but it is EXTREMELY tedious for large projects.

Why is it not automatically finding them or at worst having me choose which one to use: PPL or source?

Moments after posting I see why, I had to move Abort.lvclass into its own Library to create a PPL so the namespace no longer matches. Instead of Abort.lvclass:Abort event - register.vi its now Abort.lvib:Abort.lvclass:Abort event - register.vi

New question: is there an easy way to substitute the old links for the new in one hit rather than having to do it for each VI?

If I try and use the PPL version it works for the first time then when it needs another one linking and I try to open the PPL again, I get the following error:

LabVIEW_kaYDJ1bYYT.png

Has anyone else experienced this?

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,824 Views)

From the project window, there should be a "replace with PPL" or something like that.  I have not tried it myself, but I am certain the tool is there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,799 Views)

Thanks. This function works really well for non-broken VIs, but doesn't seem to work for the case above.

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,793 Views)