LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring delay-time when acquiring signal?

hi everyone,

I'm generating and acquiring signals at the same time using 1 VI. And I need to display the delay-time in front panel. As you can see in the picture below, I have like 2us delay (for green) and about 25us (for red). 

I'm using PXI 6733 to generate analog signal, and using PXI 5105 to acquire.

scope.png

Is there any way to display this delay in frontpanel??

Regards,

Yan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,429 Views)

Hi Yan,

to display the delays you could use numeric indicators. When you want to display it in the graph I would suggest cursors...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,421 Views)

hi Gerd, thanks for reply.

can you please be more specific about using numeric indicators? how should I put it into my program? I'm using a VI based on example NI Scope EX Stream to Disk.vi as reference. I would like to display it in front panel.

regards,

Yan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Hi Yan,

it seems you don't want to display those values, but you need to calculate the values. That's a big difference!

You need to determine when the signal has settled. When you know to time of signal settlement you know the delay 🙂

If you really don't know how to work with numeric indicators you should go through the LabVIEW basics course offered by NI on their website!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,397 Views)

hi Gerd, thanks for reply.

Is there no simple solution for my question, so that I need to take LabVIEW basic course to calculate this delay? Too bad, I dont have enough money yet to take the course.

thanks,

yan.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,371 Views)

Hi Mystogan,

there are probably simple solutions like using fitting functions or checking a running average for signal settlement...

And there are several online courses on NIs website for free!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,351 Views)