From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low pass filter for PXIe-6363 and PXIe-6368

Solved!
Go to solution

How do i set up a low pass filter for the 6363 board? How do I even begin?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,584 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Its_a_trap

Many DAQ boards do not offer an internal lowpass filter.  One of the most important reasons to need a pre-A/D filter is for anti-aliasing.  If your signal has frequency content above your Nyquist frequency (1/2 your sample rate), that content will want to spill / bleed into your real measurements.

When your board doesn't offer internal filtering, and IF your signal has such high-freq content, it's vital to add hardware signal filtering in front of the A/D.  An RC filter is simplest, not the most effective, but sometimes sufficient.  Many other options are available.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 3
(2,522 Views)