LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the dependants VI for under main VI

Hi .

I have to list down all the dependent(calling) VI from main VI. As we know , the vi hierarchy gives the graphical representation. Is there any way we can list down all the VIs name and its location some where in excel or note pad etc?

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,780 Views)

Hi Anand,

open the MainVI.

Now you can use a property node to get a list of all VIs in memory: this will be your MainVI with all its "dependent" subVIs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Create Project File, In the Project Explorer Right Click Main VI and Select Sub VI's it will list the SubVI's along with associated controls used.

same can be exported.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I am hoping that "Application-All Vi in Memory will list all the VI's which are opened in LabVIEW Environment will be displayed. It wont give us only the SUB VI's associated with the Main VI."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,763 Views)

Hi Palanivel,

I am hoping that "Application-All Vi in Memory will list all the VI's which are opened in LabVIEW Environment will be displayed

Yes.

Anand asked for "all dependent VIs", so I gave the suggestion to just open the MainVI and then list "all VIs in memory"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,759 Views)

gd.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 6 of 8
(2,728 Views)

Thanks you.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,717 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

gd.png

Good one!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,711 Views)