From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Check Result.VI not working

Hello,

I have Sub-VI for showing the limit check result that displays the result after a limit check is performed as 0-PASS, 1-FAIL and 2-MARGIN. I cannot get it to display(report) the correct value. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,282 Views)

You provide insufficient information. Where does C/Matlab fit into all this? Have you contacted the driver mfg.?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,273 Views)

Matlab doesn't fit in anywhere. I'm using labview2013

As you can see the posted screenshots. 

I connect to a R&S FSV40-->recall saved state(with limit lines configured)-->attempting to read limit check result.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,264 Views)

Contact rohde-shwarz, they wrote the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,258 Views)

Hi,

the most important thing in remote-control: never use continuous measurement mode. Check out our 10 tips/tricks for LV drivers:

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/applications/10-tips-tricks-on-how-to-use-rohde-schwarz-labview-instru...

You do save/recall, you are in contiunous mode, your program runs faster than your instrument's sweep and therefore you get incorrect limit check result.

After File Recall:

- call Configure Acquisition.vi with Sweep Mode Continuous=false

- call Initiate.vi - this performs the sweep and waits for it to finish

- call LimitCheck

Tip: in the Express VI configurator you can use the Hi-Level Function tab to see and use hi-level function where the desired attribute is used (see the picture in the attachment)

Happy remote-controlling 🙂

Message 5 of 7
(2,171 Views)

Hi MM_RohdeSchwarz

Thank you for responding to my question.

I have implemented the .VI you listed: 

- call Configure Acquisition.vi with Sweep Mode Continuous=false

- call Initiate.vi - this performs the sweep and waits for it to finish

I still get the same result. please see my attached video.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,151 Views)

Hi jbent,

sorry, I forgot to mention one other thing - you have to tell the analyzer which limit is your Limit1 - that can not be done with the setup file, you have to set it afterwards. Find my working example in the attachment. Let me know if it worked.

BR

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,134 Views)