From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo touchpad scrolling

Lenovo 3000 N100 touchpad vertical (but not horizontal) scrolling worked in LabVIEW

Lenovo SL510 touchpad scrolling does not work at all (in LabVIEW, not other Windows windows: explorer, paint). Mouse scrolling works fine

Any other touchpad developers who encountered this and can help?

Where is bug: in LV, Lenovo (or my hands =)? 

PS: Horizontal scrolling I mean from any point of the window, not move mouse over horizontal scrollbar and use regular scrolling.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,125 Views)

install the corresponding touchpad driver. if u already installed make sure that service is running in the background...

Rajesh Raghavan Nair

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Teststand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,113 Views)

Rajesh, have you seen touchpad horizontal scroll working in LV? 

The scroll works in other programs - the drivers are installed. In LV help it works.

I think, LV handles mouse on front panel and block diagram at a lower level. Touchpad scrolling starts as mouse down (light touch (tap) is mouse down) and it is not processed, that touch may become a scroll. It can become a double click - it is handled. Try processing double click as an event. First it gives you single mouse down (not a double click), then a second mouse down with double click flag true.

I am not aware of internal LV functionality, but some of the forum members may be, they can at least agree or disagree (with arguments) with the above conclusion.

If I am right, the scroll is not supported and will not be supported for a long time. 

Or I may be wrong, then I need an example: Minimum: "it works". Better: "solved this that way"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,106 Views)