From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Daemon EXE's causes processor to max out

I have an application that launches up to 40 instances of the same EXE with the command prompt.  Each EXE creates a unique TCP connection back to the Main UI and collects data via an internally developed .NET .dll.  I had this working in LV 2010 but then I had to make a change which required me to update the .NET dll which also required a .NET update from 3.5 to 4 (This update may or may not be important).

The problem I have is when the EXEs are launched, the PC's CPU is stuck at 100% and eventually crashes the EXEs. If I scale back the amount of EXEs in order to get them to launch and collect data the CPU usage is back down to about 10-15%.  and everything runs fine.

It seems that there is some kind of "Windows 7 Check" that I am unaware of that is making the processor max out when launching these EXE's.  The command prompt that launches the EXEs are in a loop and the wait time was incrresed from 200mS to 500mS and it does not seem to help.   

When the EXE crashes a prompt pops up after clicking View log the following is dispayed:

####
#Date: Wed, Mar 13, 2013 4:09:24 PM
#OSName: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
#OSVers: 6.1
#OSBuild: 7601
#AppName: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#Version: 12.0f3 32-bit
#AppKind: AppLib
#AppModDate: 03/13/2013 19:23 GMT
#LabVIEW Base Address: 0x30000000

Possible path leak, unable to purge elements of base #0

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Machine:

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64BIT I7 processor

Labview 2012 32Bit

8GB Ram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,091 Views)

Have you tried cutting down the number of TCP connections? It seems like this may overload the network and shutoff some connections.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,066 Views)