LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview touch panel 2010 with ARM9 Board mini2440 S3C2440 + 7" TFT Touch Screen LCD

Hi all, my question is as follow, I need to develop an application in WinCe5.0, and I saw the "FriendlyArm" board wich support a Samsung S3C2440A 400MHz, it has 64MB SDRAM, 2MB NOR FLASH BIOS, and 2GB NAND FLASH.I need to use the ethernet port and the serial ports. I will apreciate if someone could help me to know if this board could has any issues to develop applications with Labview Touch Panel module.At the same time I will apreciate also if someone could tell me if I need to install WinCe5.0 drivers for board serial ports access.

Thanks in advance

Icaro600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,544 Views)

Hi again, I new in this forum and need some help. Please can ayone to help me?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,517 Views)

Hi Icaro600,

That device looks like it will work well with the Touch Panel Module.  Here are some good resources about the supported targets and how the Touch Panel Module works, but that board should meet the requirements:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372507C-01/lvtpcgsm/tpc_supported_targets/

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2AA42FAC2D6233E8625776600556CAF

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371940e.pdf

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372507C-01/

You will need to install NI-VISA to use the serial and Ethernet VI's - there is some information about how to do that in those documents as well.  Let us know if you have other questions - I would recommend calling to speak with your local sales engineer who can help make sure you have everything you need to get up and running.

Thanks,

Morgan S

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,510 Views)

Icaro600,

If your touch panel is not NI hardware, you might want to check the per-seat cost of the Touch Panel runtime license.  I have a similar project going on and could not justify the NI cost Smiley Surprised

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,505 Views)

Hi Morgan and 10Degree,thanks alot for your information.

Morgan,I have installed the NI VISA for WinCe,I have tested the example "Basic serial write and read" to test VISA,but the result is an error message

"Visa Set properties" and code: -1073807343.But if I run the example "Serial comm Touch Panel" with the compatibilty vi,everything is fine.

10Degree,you told that you have made a similar project,is the same proccessor?, could you share this project with me?,it could be a good guide forme

best regards

Icaro600

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,491 Views)

I am using an ARM-based board.  I installed the the touchpanel module trial to do some test applications on the CE board.  When I found out that the run-time license fee was so high (I think > $400 per seat), I said no thanks.  I will stick with visual studio and C++ or C# for this project.  This is a bummer.  NI has an opportunity to continue to penetrate a new market with existing developers on their flagship, but the cost penalty for not using NI hardware is too high.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,475 Views)

Thanks 10Degree for your response,but regardless of the Ni runtime cost,could you send send me an email with the files you have tried with the touch panel module?,I would like to test in my board,it would be a really good begining for me

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,443 Views)

Morgan,I have installed the NI VISA for WinCe,I have tested the example "Basic serial write and read" to test VISA,but the result is an error message

"Visa Set properties" and code: -1073807343.But if I run the example "Serial comm Touch Panel" with the compatibilty vi,everything is fine.

Also if i run the "find resources.vi",it show me an error

Can you help me with this?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,416 Views)

Hi Icaro600,

That error code often occurs when the VISA resource name is not correct.  Sometimes the aliases are different on the development PC than on the target, so try using the full VISA name (such as "ASRL1::INSTR" instead of "COM1").  Are you getting the same error from Find Resouces.vi, or is it a different error code?  Also, what version of NI-VISA are you working with?  Finally, can you confirm that you installed NI-VISA onto the CE target itself?  You can do that by right-clicking the target in the Project Explorer window in LabVIEW and select Install»Support for NI-VISA (ARM) from the shortcut menu.

Thanks,

Morgan S

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,406 Views)

Hi MorganS, sorry for the delay. I have revised the adjustments of  "Basic read write" example with Visa and it runs ok.

But i have tried again the "Find resources.vi", see the picture I send with the error message.

I have installed the Support for NI-VISA (ARM).

The version of Visa is:

NI Visa 4.5 for Labview on Windows Mobile/CE

NI Visa 5.00, NI Visa Runtime 5.01

NI Visa Server 5.00

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,365 Views)