LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview missing ext. cal. dmm password

Labview, How to find/replace the missing password to do an external calibration 

on a pxi-4071?  Someone used a password other than "NI".

Thanks Norm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,948 Views)

If you reinstall the Firmware for the 4071, it will probably reset the Password to the Default (whatever that is, probably a blank).  Try doing a Web search for PXI 4071 firmware download.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,907 Views)

The recommended way to fix this is to open a support ticket with NI, and we can provide a VI or exe that will reset the calibration password for a specific device.

NI does not recommend using a firmware image and downloader from a random website. For one thing, assuming it works correctly, that will invalidate all of your calibration constants. If it messes up your board could become unusable. There's also the general security risk of using unverified software on your system.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,862 Views)

Thanks, can you EMAIL me a  VI or exe that will reset the calibration password?

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,848 Views)

Hey. I'm using Labview do a external calibration on some DMM's models PXI-4070's and pxi-4071's.

The default password "NI" initializes most. But some of these DMM's require a previous stored PASSWORD.

AMONG OTHERS, OLD PASSWORD NEW PASSWORD VI DOESN'T DO IT.

What is the solution to this  PASSWORD impasse.

Thanks Norm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,857 Views)

Please don't start another (duplicate) topic.  Your question was already answered here.  If it wasn't satisfactory, reply there, don't open up a new topic.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,842 Views)

I suggest that you open a support ticket here for further assistance with a lost external calibration password.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,807 Views)

Does a support ticket = request technical support ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,756 Views)

Yes, you would have to request technical support to discuss your issue with a Suppor Engineer.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,741 Views)

Again I'm trying to implement an external calibration on several NI DMM'S 4070 & 4071, All I need to know is how to ext cal.initialize when a previous UNKNOWN password is unknown? If you can't help me, just say so!

Thanks Norm

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,682 Views)