From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview closing intermediate windows and verifying if library exists

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1)I have an application file.First  I see my main window and then I can press a button and 

another window opens.After the second window finishes the extenuation I can still it .Can I pragmatically define that every intermediate will be closed 

after execution?

2)Is there any function in Labview that checks if a certain library exists in my computer?

I couldn't find such function.

Thanks,

Leonid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,926 Views)

Hi Leonid,

1. If the intermediate windows you are referring to are subVIs called by your main VI then you can programmatically get the front panels of the subVIs to close by writing a true constant to the Close After Call VI Property node.

2. I am not aware of a single function that checks to see if a library exists, but here is a link to some documentation about how LabVIEW searches for a library when it is called:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EBAE870D564CBBE78625788B004E76D3

The first related link at the bottom of this article (LabVIEW 2011 Help: Specifying the Locations of Shared Libraries on Disk) includes a section about how LabVIEW locates missing shared libraries.  You might be able to use part of this process to find a particular library.

Jayme W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,908 Views)