LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview VI call DLL which developed by Labwindow/CVI,Does need to install the labwindow/CVI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I call a DLL in labview,and this DLL is developed by CVI,but it was failed.

Does need to install the CVI in my computer?if yes,I  think it is not reasonable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,148 Views)

@Ashleysz wrote:

Does need to install the CVI in my computer?.

NOPE.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,118 Views)

@Ashleysz wrote:

Does need to install the CVI in my computer?if yes,I  think it is not reasonable.

Friend,  what do you want?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you think is not reasonable..

If you want to edit code developed in CVI you need a CVI developer license.  That is reasonable.

Or, did I fail to understand your question? 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashleysz

You don't need the LabWindows CVI development system installed on a computer to run a CVI developed DLL, but you do need to install the LabWindows CVI runtime library with the same version as the version of the CVI compiler you used to create the DLL. That is standard with just about all compilers nowadays, except that when you use Visual C you sometimes can get away without installing the according runtime as it is already installed with Windows or another application on the computer.

Still, relying that you do not have to install a runtime library for any compiler is going to create a bad user experience for many users as not everyone is using the same Windows version that might or might not have installed the necessary runtime library.

If you find that you can not get the DLL working without the CVI Development System installed it may be a good idea to switch to Release mode when compiling the DLL. Debug versions of DLLs and EXEs are only meant to be executable on a computer with the Full Development system installed as they need specially compiled runtime libraries and with hooks for running the debugger etc.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,083 Views)

Thanks for your answer.I got it.so I have to install the CVI  runtime to run the released dll.I have compiled it in released.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,063 Views)