LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Exe Application file not launch Excel application for report generation

Dear All,

• I created one LabVIEW application file for report generation (using Excel Template).

• While I run the program in programming mode it works well and create the report file in the specified path.

• After creation of the application file(exe), it gives the correct path of where the excel template is placed. The same path is given to New Report.vi, but it gives the error 'File Not Found'.

• Tell me, is any other configuration required for generating Excel reports? (During exe application mode)

• Give me the solution.

Thank You

Jegan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,467 Views)

How you are providing the excel file path. is it absolute path or is it relative.

if you are using path relative to any one of your Vi then you should strip path for one more level(inside exe only).

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,460 Views)
hi,
  • I used the relative path.
  • 2 strip paths are used here to get the corresponding folder
  • What is the problem is, it identify the folder and file names are correctly. But it gives the message 'File Not Found'. Error Code is : 7
  • I attached the VI for your reference

Thanks
Jegan.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,453 Views)
Hello,

Most likely you are encountering a problem of stripping and/or building paths.  Probably the easiest thing to do is put a couple indicators on your front panel for the path or paths you care about, build your exe, and make sure you are really using the path you'd like.  If you always put the report at some deterministic place relative to the exe (that is, even it the exe is moved, it will go with the exe and remain in the same relative path location, then you can use the Current VIs Path funtion found in the ... File I/O -> File Constants palette as a start path (where you will want to strip at least the exe name off of course).

I think this will bring some clarity to the issue!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,433 Views)
Hi ELAD,

Thanks for your Reference.

Regards,
Jegan.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,380 Views)

I am using the  Application property nodes and invoke nodes to open an Excel spread sheet and log data from my LabVEIW 2012 program on a Win 7 Pro system.   Everything works great running my VI in LabVIEW.  However when  I create an application exe using Application builder,  The Excel File open dialog runs, opens an EXCEL spread sheet but not data form the running exe ever gets populated into the XL sheets and no errors are indicated form the program.  If running the same program in LabVIEW, I get an error message if the Excel file fails to open or I try to write data to a bad XL Cell. 

What is going on?  Is there another run-time engine addin that must be installed on the target PC to get the app.exe to properly interact with XL on the target PC? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,725 Views)