From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW sequencing DAQmx, setting outputs on input triggers

I am still learning labVIEW.  I am an engineer in a mechanical test lab and I am currently working on a test.

The test needs to run through a sequence controlling a stepper motor, sensing when a touch screen is activated, and write load cell DAQ to a file.  This needs to repeat as much as 1,000,000 times.  It is a cycle test.

I have been working on learning labVIEW for the past month and it has gotten me pretty far but I am having trouble with tying together my first VI for an actual test to be performed in the lab.

My biggest constraint is:

• I don't understand how to set an ouput to a level (HIGH/LOW) at the condition of a rising/falling edge of a input.  This pertains to how the stepper motor and touch screen works.  I want to set an output to high to extend the motor and wait until it activates the screen which will send a digital high input.  I want to collect DAQ at this point then set a second output to hight that will retract the motor to a 'home' position.

I have attached photos of my setup, a diagram of how it is wired (hand drawn), and two VI files.  Both VI files don't work since I don't know how to 'tie' everything together and control an output when an input edge is triggered.

Load Cell VI_V2 uses DAQ Assistants to sequence through.

000_Touch_Screen.vi uses DAQmx which are seperated into operations that I want to sequence.

Any thoughts on best method for a newbie?

Thank you in advance for any help!

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,467 Views)

Your application should be written using state machine as discuss in http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3024/en. One of a very good example could be found in https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8596.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Thank you for the reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,378 Views)