From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW driver for Ocean Optics Flame (FLAME-S-XR1-ES) spectrometer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an Ocean Optics Flame Spectrometer (Model: FLAME-S-XR1-ES, Serial #: FLMS07095) and currently using software OceanView 1.6.7. I want to control the spectrometer using LabVIEW. I found a driver here for Ocean Optics instruments but I am not sure if this driver is suitable or not for my device. Also, it would be very helpful if you guide me to some example LabVIEW program for a similar spectrometer. 

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zain392

Hi zain,

according to the "Models supported by this driver" list your device is supported.

In case there are problems you can use that driver and your programming manual to adapt/change the driver VIs to your needs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zain392

Are you posting because you tried it and it didn't work?  Or are you just asking because you want to save time before even attempting to try it?

Either way, if I remember right these drivers are ones that require that you change the driver used by Windows.  Instead of using the one from the web site or CD from Ocean Optics, you will need to use a NI-generated INF file that sets up this device as a "USB RAW" VISA device.  One you do that the drivers work pretty well, but by changing the driver it means you can't use the software that comes with the device without changing it back to the original drivers... making it a bit annoying to use with both.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,183 Views)