LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW + FT232H

Hi there,

I just recently purchased a FT232H chip (made by FTDI) to establish USB 2.0 high speed data transfer.  The way that the chip is setup currently is that should transmit data at a rate of 8 Mbytes/s.  However when I had tested to see how much bytes was being streamed to LabVIEW, I found that within a one second time frame, only 1.5 Mbytes/s was transmitted. 

Currently the LabVIEW GUI I have created is a relatively simply one.  Using the examples that FTDI created to interface with their chip, the GUI should simply read for total of one second and display how many bytes was read within that one second time frame.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem to this, or if anyone could offer any solutions to achieve the desired data transmission rate (8 Mbytes/s).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,262 Views)

Hi Kevin_khan:

i am student of electronic from peru,I have the same problem but with FTDI-RL Chip, i am currently usins that chip to transmit images, but it doesn´t transmit all the frame, i always have missing information, i don´t see the datasheet of that chip, but i suppose that it has a measurement to know how efficient is the transmission.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,053 Views)