From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 8.5 Source Distribution Build Failure Error 6

I am trying to build a source distribution for my large project in LabVIEW 8.5 on Windows XP. I have the VI Analyzer and Database Connectivity Toolkit installed. I am using source code control with Subversion via the PushOK SVNSCC client plug-in with reserved file checkout enabled.

In the source distribution build properties, I have only the main VI selected.

When I create a preview of the source distribution, I can see all of the files that are supposed to be included.

When I try to build the source distribution, I get the following error:

*************************BEGIN ERROR REPORT***************************************************************
Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 6 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.
=========================
NI-488:  I/O operation aborted.

Method Name: Save:Target Instrument
*************************END ERROR REPORT*******************************************************************************************

I've Mass Compiled the project, which completed successfully, but made no difference when trying to build the distribution.

How can I get this souorce distribution to complete?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,362 Views)
A couple of things to look at. Check to see if the path to the VI in its destination is very long. There is an OS limit to the number of characters a file's path can be. Also, you can try chaning settings in the "Additional Exclusions" page to see if that helps.
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,340 Views)
I moved the destination of the source distribution up by 5 folder levels (cutting about 34 characters out of the path) and now it works. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)