LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDR measurement - LabVIEW & myDAQ

Hey,

I'm trying to write a LabVIEW program that measures both the voltage and the current going over/through a LDR. I want to measure using a myDAQ. In my head this sounded easy, but I honestly don't know how to do it. Can someone help me out and show me how it's done? Thanks 🙂

Schematic of setup (ignore cut-off part):

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,030 Views)

@geneticyael wrote:

Hey,

I'm trying to write a LabVIEW program that measures both the voltage and the current going over/through a LDR. I want to measure using a myDAQ. In my head this sounded easy, but I honestly don't know how to do it. Can someone help me out and show me how it's done? Thanks 🙂

Schematic of setup (ignore cut-off part):

Capture.PNG

Does your professor know that you are cheating on your school work?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,029 Views)

So if you're a student everything you do related to you field is an assignment? Strange logic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,025 Views)

@geneticyael wrote:

So if you're a student everything you do related to you field is an assignment? Strange logic.

That drawing indicates so.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,007 Views)

Oh yeah sure, the drawing's not mine. But rather than using a multimeter I'm trying to automate the measurement process with labview/mydaq. Is that really so far fetched?

Anyway, discussing IRL topics is kind of pointless. If you want to help me then I'd be happy to listen. If you don't want to help me (for fear of me cheating, or anything else) then don't help me, but by all means please just ignore this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,003 Views)

@geneticyael wrote:

Oh yeah sure, the drawing's not mine. But rather than using a multimeter I'm trying to automate the measurement process with labview/mydaq. Is that really so far fetched?

Anyway, discussing IRL topics is kind of pointless. If you want to help me then I'd be happy to listen. If you don't want to help me (for fear of me cheating, or anything else) then don't help me, but by all means please just ignore this topic.

We help those who help themselves.

You have not made any attempt. No VI.

You are not the first who came here looking for someone to do the work him.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,988 Views)

Well here is some help.

You don't need both voltmeters.  The 1k resistor is known the source voltage is known either voltmeter would then solve for the drop across the 1k resistor and the current through that will be exactly equal to the current through the  LDR.  Yeah Mr. Ohm and Mr. Kichoff

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,984 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Well here is some help.

You don't need both voltmeters.  The 1k resistor is known the source voltage is known either voltmeter would then solve for the drop across the 1k resistor and the current through that will be exactly equal to the current through the  LDR.  Yeah Mr. Ohm and Mr. Kichoff

If it is as simple as not knowing Mr. Ohm and Mr. Kirchoff, one has to wonder what has the OP been doing in class all this time?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,980 Views)

He didn't tell me anything I didn't know.

MyDAQ doesn't measure resistance. Only voltage and current.

I've already said I'm looking to measure both voltage and current.

The problem is I don't know how to do it on LabVIEW.

His comment didn't help one bit. 

Yours doesn't either.

I suggest you leave the topic since you're toxic.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,978 Views)

@geneticyael wrote:

He didn't tell me anything I didn't know.

MyDAQ doesn't measure resistance. Only voltage and current.

I've already said I'm looking to measure both voltage and current.

The problem is I don't know how to do it on LabVIEW.

His comment didn't help one bit. 

Yours doesn't either.

I suggest you leave the topic since you're toxic.

So. Show some code.  You have to try something for us to know where you are right and wrong.  Right now your code's biggest problem is that there is none.

On the bright side, you haven't written any bugs that we can see.

And what do you expect for comments when you show nothing?

Toxic,  no he's fairly helpful.

Where is the ammeter in your diagram?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,968 Views)