From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to not use coersion dot here ? & is it fine to use it

Solved!
Go to solution

Screenshot 2022-01-14 210159.png

Iam preparing for my CLD certification, saw this code under the solution of the ATM application. Want to know whether it is fine to allow these coersion dots and also is there any way to avoid these.

Any other tips and examples for CLD certification will be appreciated.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,364 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramprakash0111

These are references of different control types (Boolean, String, Cluster). Elements in an array have the same type, so input references must be  converted to a type common to all (probably a generic Control).

So: no, you can't avoid it.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,357 Views)

You can technically avoid them by using To More Generic Class, but it is not worth it.  It may cost you 1/2 a point by the automatic standards, but a good reviewer will reverse that in this instance.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,346 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I understand that but still i don't want to give any chance. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,339 Views)

@Ramprakash0111 wrote:

I am preparing for my CLD certification, saw this code under the solution of the ATM application.  

Well, it would help to include a link to that "solution". Does it have comments? Is it considered a good solution or just some random solution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,292 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ramprakash0111 wrote:

I am preparing for my CLD certification, saw this code under the solution of the ATM application.  

Well, it would help to include a link to that "solution". Does it have comments? Is it considered a good solution or just some random solution?

The CLD example solutions are "passing" solutions.  We are not given any idea of how close the solution was to failing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,284 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
The CLD example solutions are "passing" solutions.  We are not given any idea of how close the solution was to failing.

It wasn't entirely clear to me if that "solution" came with some official prep guide or was picked up e.g. somewhere here, for example. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,270 Views)

This part of code was present under Solutions in the sample exams for CLD given by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,213 Views)

You can find the cld sample exams file here . The page link is here .

Message 9 of 9
(1,209 Views)