LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have mutually exclusive dialog radio buttons?

Also I seem to remmber back around V3 or so, NI came out with a bunch of games written in the same basic ways. One horse race game had the slider made to look like a horse and rider, and the markers were fence posts or something. Anyway as the code ran, the horse would run across the screen.

They also had a process control version where packages would move along an assembly line.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(3,354 Views)
I don't remember the horse but a lot of cool custom controls still come with LabVIEW. There's the box on a belt, a moving truck, someone climbing a ladder, a deck of cards, and of the course the radio buttons. They're all in Examples\General\Controls.
Message 12 of 33
(3,354 Views)
Walev:

Indeed it is...if your buttons are simply Boolean switches, you can wire them to the "exclusive or" gate . In turn, if you like, you can have the output of the exclusive or gate ouput to the selector of a case structure.
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(3,175 Views)
Thanks for all the helpful inputs!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(3,175 Views)
It's amazing how many ways there are to skin a cat! Here's an easily expandable, mutually exclusive radio button set. If you've ever tried to wire up an exclusive OR gate circuit for more than three inputs, you know how fast it gets REAL complicated. This is just one of those solutions that popped into my head when I was working on something entirely different!
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(3,175 Views)
Except for the fact that selecting the Boolean inputs are not mutually exclusive, your example works fine.;) It's duplicating the mechanical action of radio buttons that's the tricky part.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(3,181 Views)
Indeed! Alas...there are no "stock" controls in Labview that offer feedback, although you COULD create a button that sort of looks like that. Perhaps someone has an algorithm for actively changing the direction of a button? Another project that will keep me up all week. Thanks a heap! :=)
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(3,181 Views)
Don't spend that much time on it. The simplest way is to use the modified slide as the other posts mention or do something like the shipping example called Simulating Radio Buttons.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(3,181 Views)
Oh Well. I couldn't help it. I just HAD to figure out an incredibly clever way of doing radio buttons with feedback. How does this look?
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(3,181 Views)
If you want to implement exclusive buttons with logic, here is a simple way to do it.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(3,145 Views)