LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NI-DAQmx Base using a LabVIEW built installer

I am using a PDA, LabVIEW Mobile Module and the CF-6004 to perform instrument control and data acquistion for a handheld instrument I am developing. Because this instrument is going to be used by another party outside my organization, I am also supplying support software for a companion PC. The support software includes ActiveSync to connect the PC and the PDA, a LabVIEW built application for viewing the data collected by the handheld instrument, a LabVIEW built application for installing/updating the LabVIEW (Mobile Module) built PDA applications and NI-DAQmx Base to install the drivers on the PDA. Ni-DAQmx Base needs to be included because if the PDA battery runs down completely, programs/drivers I installed are lost and the other party needs to have the ability to reinstall the necessary files on the PDA.

The problem is that I cannot find a way to include NI-DAQmx Base in the installer I build to install my LabVIEW built applications onto the PC. It is not listed under the Additional Installers catagory of the installer properties. I cannot run the NI-DAQmx Base Setup.exe with the "Run executable at end of installation" option because I cannot have two LabVIEW installers running simultaneously.

Right now my work around is to use a batch file to install each component sequentially.

Is there anyway to include my my LabVIEW built executables, the Run-Time Engine and NI-DAQmx Base in the same installer package?

Thanks,

DAJone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,657 Views)

Hello, It is necessary to install Daqmx Base on the machine connected to the PDA and then use the Utility to install it on the PDA. See page 4 of the Mobile Module Manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371296e.pdf

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,628 Views)