LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane Objects and a Fatal Internal Error

I'm working on a rather large LabVIEW project that has so far caused no problems (well, not ones like this anyway).  A while ago I duplicated a page of a tab control, complete with all the controls that were on that page.  This happened without a problem, but since then whenever I've saved there have been four popup dialog boxes warning of "Insane Objects".
It still seems to save fine, though, so I carried on...  Until, on trying to delete a certain control, LabVIEW crashed with a Fatal Internal Error in a file which I think was called typedef.cpp (or something similar).  LabVIEW closes at this point.  The problem is entirely repeatable, and occurs every time I try to delete this control.

Any ideas what the problem might be?  And what actually is an "Insane Object", anyway?

Thanks in advance,
Ian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,432 Views)
I think it comes up when the data in the vi file does not match what the graphic editor is supposed to display. The ones that I have seen in 6i were cluster constants that did not have the wire properly connected. There would be a wire on the BD that was not broken, but only one end of it was connected to a ternimal. It seemed to get that way when the constant was auto-updated by a type definition, and the shape of the constant changed enough to the location of the wiring point too far away for the wire to keep up. You mght try selecting everything on the BD and copying it to another vi.
Message 2 of 5
(2,426 Views)

I agree with Odd_Modem.  It appears that it originates from an incomplete vi (which is the case most of the time when developing code), and the editor does not know or loses track of an object.  Copying the vi block diagram to a new vi seems to be the workaround for now.

Also see this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=140976#M140976

JLV

Message 3 of 5
(2,424 Views)
Sure have been a lot of insane object errors popping up as of late, what's up with that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 5
(2,413 Views)

AKTDM,

You read my mind...  I was asking myself the same thing...

JLV

Message 5 of 5
(2,404 Views)