From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental Encoder (Megatron SPNT Series) and NI USB-6009

Hello everyone,

just came across the forum. I have questions about NI USB 6009 and a rotary incemrental encoder. I am currently using the NI USB 6009 and the Megatron Incremental Encoder SPNT series for my project. My arrangement is as follows:

Channel A and B from the encoder are connected to port1/line0 and port1/line1 respectively.

I am using the 5V and connected to the Ground as well (standard wiring).

My question is how can I plot the the square waveform signal? I need that information so I can calculate the angular velocity.

I really appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(494 Views)

The USB 6009 is a low cost device. It does provide timed acquisition on the analog inputs but none on the digital inputs. This means that in order to acquire a meaningful waveform for your two digital signals, you will actually have to connect them to the analog inputs and setup a timed analog acquisition for them. You can then do your analysis on the analog measurements or convert the analog values into a digital waveform if you absolutely want to.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(489 Views)