LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the analog voltage output within a loop using buffered hardware timing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I try to generate a increasing voltage within a loop, voltage increases by 0.5v in each cycle. (Because I need to synchronous control, the cycle time need to be customized) But my device (USB-6289) don't support non-buffered hardware-timed operations. Can my device reach this goal using buffered hardware timing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,231 Views)

Sure.  Based on your drawing, all you need to do is configure your AO task to use your "sync" pulse as an external sample clock.  Then write your incrementing voltage values to the task buffer and start the task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,208 Views)

Dear Kevin, thanks for your reply. I am new to labview and try few times to solve this problem, but it doesn't work. I have deleted some vi in the picture. Could you please decribe in more detail how to configure the sample clock and write incrementing voltage values to the task buffer?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LiangLee

Below is an *incomplete* illustration of the key things you'd need to do.

1. Configure DAQmx Timing to use your external Sync pulse signal as a sample clock

2. Use the 'Ramp Pattern' function to create an array of incrementing voltages

3. Write the whole array to the task

4. Start the task

-Kevin P

ao ramp with ext clock.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,190 Views)

Oh, it works. That's what I want. Thank you very much, Kevin. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,165 Views)

Hi, I have found a new problem now. If I generate a big array. When the loop executes certian times, the loop execution speed will turn slow. What‘s the reason? Expect to your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,128 Views)