LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx tab not appearing in MAX and Open Camern causes an error

Hello, as stated I'm having some issues with the Vision Acquisition software 2016. I am trying to display a video feed from a USB 2 camera, a PGR Chameleon CMLN-13S2c. The camera is picked up by MAX under devices and interfaces and works I can Grab and Snap and also shows up and works in the NI Vision Acquisition Express window, but when I try to run the program I get Error -1074360311. The USB 2 camera also doesn't show up when I try to create a control for a session in, but two other cameras, which appear under Network Devices. It may also be worth noting that the NI-IMAQdx Devices tab does not show up in MAX. I have tried to fix this issue by renaming "niu3v.dll" in C:\Windows\SysWow64 (as suggested here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/quot-NI-imaqdx-devices-quot-folder-not-showing-up-in-NI-MAX-... ), but to no avail. I am using LabVIEW 2016 and NI-IMAQdx 16.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,744 Views)

You are almost certainly using the FLIR driver, which is not compatible with MAX.  Just a sec, I'll plug my camera in and describe what I see (which should be close to what you see):

MAX with FLIR DriverMAX with FLIR DriverTry to use, Error MessageTry to use, Error MessageChoice of DriversChoice of DriversIMAQdx Driver installedIMAQdx Driver installed

I normally "yell" when Posters show "pictures" instead of "code", but here the Pictures should be clear.  Hope this is the actual problem you are having ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,724 Views)

Hi Bob,

Here's what I see when I right click on the camera. Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,701 Views)

Capture 1 looks OK -- it gave it a "IMAQ-like" name ("cam1").  [Incidentally, crop your images to show only the relevant information, so I can "see it" without a magnifying glass].  I can't open Capture 2 -- my PC says "Download blocked", and gives no other explanation.

So what happens if you open "Cam1"?  Can you show me a screen shot of the Acquisition Attributes (just the lower right pane, please)?  It might also be interesting to see some of the Camera Attribute headings -- this would show whether IMAQdx is able to access the Camera's GenICam code properly.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,696 Views)

Hi Bob,

When I open "cam 0" I get the normal screen with the option to grab and snap. Here are the screen caps you asked for. It seems like the camera works in MAX, but not in LabVIEW.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,694 Views)

Cher Antoine Laurent (or his ghost),

Thanks for sharing your MAX info.  I agree with you, your camera should be IMAQdx-compatible.  So if everything seems to work except for your LabVIEW code, maybe there's a minor flaw in the code.

Please attach the code.  Do not bother with pictures of code -- I can't edit or run pictures.  If there are multiple sub-VIs, that's a good thing, and if they are in a LabVIEW Project, that's an even better thing -- simply compress the folder holding the Project and its VIs and attach the resulting .zip file.

I'm currently at NIWeek, getting ready to give a presentation, but I still have time to participate in the Forum (and others are also reading and commenting) ...  We'll help if we can.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,681 Views)

Hi Bob, 

Thank you for all of your help. 

Attached you will find two programs which I have been trying to get working. Both are simple programs that should simply display the camera feed onto the front panel. The Session In in the program entitled "Camera Play test" will not even display my "cam 0" 

Fittingly I have used the NI Vision Acquisition Express Vi for the attached program entitled "Vision Acquisition Program". The NI Vision Acquisition Express Vi shows the camera and can even play it, but when I try to use the larger "Vision Acquisition Program" I get the error  "Error -1074360311 occurred at IMAQdx Open Camera.vi"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,679 Views)

Cher Antoine Laurent,

IMAQdx is tough.  I'm attaching two VIs I wrote specifically to get the IMAQ Session ID for a camera.  It uses Enumerate Cameras to list all the Cameras.  If you are "lucky", there's just one, so it grabs the Interface Name from the Camera Information Cluster, coerces it to an IMAQ Session ID, and you're done.  If there are no cameras, it throws Error 5001.  If there are multiple cameras, it pops up a Dialog Box (VI included here), asks you to choose the Camera you want, and then proceeds using the Interface Name of the Camera you chose.

Get Camera SessionGet Camera Session

I hope this works with your Camera Play Test (to generate the Camera Session that you need).  Let me know.

Bob Schor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,669 Views)

HI Bob,

I really appreciate your help. I unfortunately am working with Labview 2016. Can you save the file for a previous version and send it again? Thank you so much .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,665 Views)

Hi Bob,

I tried to create a similar program using Enumerate Camera. I haven't gotten it anywhere near done, but I opened the Enumerate Camera vi and found that my camera only shows up when the "Connected Only" button is clicked off 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,660 Views)